Friday, July 29, 2011

Vanilla Pancakes

The other day I decided to make Pancakes for breakfast. After Mark ate them he said, “I don’t know what you did this time but you need to make pancakes this way every time from now on” :D Needless to say he loved them!

IMG_3072

I used the same recipe I normally do but this time added some tweaks and ended up creating the only pancake recipe I will use for the rest of my life!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup ALMOND milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 egg whites
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

cooking spray

IMG_3059

First: Mix your Vinegar and Almond milk together. Leave for 5 minutes to curdle.

IMG_3061

While milk is curdling. Whip up your egg whites so they are nice and fluffy. You don’t want stiff peaks to form though so don’t whip too much. “Soft peaks or little hills” are more of what you want.

IMG_3064

Mix together your milk, melted butter, vanilla, and egg whites.

IMG_3065

In a separate bowl mix together all other dry ingredients. (And your vanilla?? haha this was an oops-remember vanilla goes with the wet ingredients!)

IMG_3066

Dump dry ingredients into wet ingredients. And mix together until JUST combined.

IMG_3068IMG_3069

Turn your skillet on Medium Heat and spray with cooking spray. Cook your pancakes! I just check for a little bit of “brownness” and then I flip em over.

IMG_3071

Tips from Kj:

We only drink almond milk in our humble abode. You can use other milk in this recipe but I personally think that the almond milk added to the delicious flavor!

If you don’t have vinegar to curdle the milk use lemon juice! It works the same.

I LOVE eating pancakes with Jam on them with a big glass of milk. This is my number one way I eat them, syrup gets second place. With the vanilla in them I think I liked it this way even better!

IMG_3073

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! :)I'm having fun going through your blog...you have so much variety in your posts it is great!

      Delete