Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gucamole Meatballs

I have been loving avocados lately. They are delicious and very high in good fats and calories that I am in desperate need of right now! So I have been having chips with guacamole all week long. My guacamole was not going to last another day so I decided that I would use it for dinner. We had no bread so I couldn't make guacamole burgers like I thought sounded delicious. So I decided to make my favorite thing to make when I don't know what to make. MEATBALLS! I love meatballs. It is so fun to make new and different flavors. (I have a feeling I have posted this same statement before)

I told Mark my plans to make guacamole meatballs and he agreed with me that those sounded pretty good! Either they would be good or they would be a weird failure.

I can promise you that they were anything but a weird failure. They were so mouthwateringly delicious. Tonight we ate the rest of the leftovers and when Mark was finished he said,"Oh, those are so good!" I think I hit a creation jackpot!
Here is what you need:

1lb ground beef
1/4 cup guacamole
1/8 cup salsa
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (we used Italian seasoned)
1/2 tsp seasoning salt

Mix it all together and roll into balls. This made 14 meatballs for us but it just depends on the size you make them.

Heat about 1/4 cup oil in a skillet on medium. Test the readiness by throwing a small amount of your meat mixture in the oil. If it sizzles it is ready! Add your meatballs and fry,turning as you go, until they are crisp on the outside and cooked through in the middle. (The time frame for this just depends on exactly how hot your oil is so you may have to sacrifice one meatball to determine if they are done but normally it is around 7 minutes) Make sure you don't crowd the pan! Pretend these meatballs are at a dance party...it might take 2 different batches of meatballs to avoid crowding...a dance party is never fun when you can't show off your moves because you are squished! haha

Tips from Kj:

The seasoning salt was Marks idea and it was such a good one! We only put the salt in half of our meatballs (because he came in halfway through the process) and trust me they were so much better than the non-salted. If you don't have seasoning salt you can just use regular salt.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment