Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sweet Meatballs

My hubby is staring at me in disbelief….I just put a movie I have been dying to watch in the dvd player, our baby is sleeping, we can totally snuggle and all of a sudden I said, “Wait!! I have to post the meatballs or all my followers of my cooking blog will be so disappointed” You know, because I promised you all a recipe today. So here I sit frantically typing this recipe so we can still get in some good cuddle time before our little cutie wakes up :) (He also laughs when I say followers…like he doesn’t think you are out there but I have faith that there might at least be two of you)

I have seen on pinterest recently a lot of posts of meatballs cooked in the crock pot with grape jelly. I decided to make my own rendition of those…minus crockpot…I love cooking in the crock pot it just takes planning. I didn’t have hours to let them cook or any pre-made meatballs so I made my own and I baked them in the oven for 30 minutes!

IMG_1541[1]

Ingredients:

For the meatballs

1 lb Hamburger
1 Tbsp Mustard
1/8 C Milk
1/2 C Breadcrumbs
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Honey

Mix all together and roll into 12 balls and place in an 8x8 baking dish.

Add 1/2 of an 18 oz Jar of grape jelly and spread around the meatballs.

IMG_1538[1]

Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar over the top of the meatballs.

IMG_1539[1]

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes

Take the meatballs out and flip them all over so they are now bottom up and the tops of them can get covered with sweet goodness :)

Bake for 15 more minutes and you are done! We had these with our usual spaghetti and American cheese on the side. Yummy.

Tips from Kj:

If you have pre-made meatballs go ahead and use those but I prefer to make my own. It is fun to experiment with the spices I put into them. I don’t think I ever make the same meatballs twice.

I am sure if  you don’t like grape jelly you could make these with other kinds of jelly. Although you can’t really tell it is grape jelly in the end…promise!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. are these the ones you guys served at your wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No...I wish though! I need to get that recipe from Marks dad. Those were delicious! (And we had leftovers for like a year after haha)

    ReplyDelete