Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lemon Mustard Chicken

We have been trying a new thing lately. A 2 week meal plan. Then we only go grocery shopping once every 2 weeks and we do not buy anything other than what we absolutely need for the recipes and for lunches for Mark. We are determined to not take a loan in the next 2 months because we are so close to Graduate School Graduation without taking a loan this year! It has been rough but will be so worth it in the long run.

This two week plan has been so much fun! Normally I am trying to figure out what to make for dinner on the day of and sometimes it is pretty lame. The two week plan way is awesome because we sit down and think about what sounds delicious and then we just buy whatever ingredients we don’t have at home. This is actually saving us money because I am not just randomly buying things at the store…I am purchasing with a purpose!
This is a chicken recipe we have been eating since we got married but it fell through the cracks. I decided it could be improved upon since I have learned a lot since I started making it the first few times and this is what I came up with…it was SO GOOD I don’t think it will ever ever fall through another crack in its little chicken life.
IMG_6695
You need:
1 Large Lemon Cut in Half
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
1 Tbsp Mustard (We used Dijon)
1 1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Chili Powder
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into strips
In a mixing bowl mix 1/2 of the lemon juice and the rest of the ingredients to make a marinade. Add the chicken and marinade for 30 minutes (or more!)
I set my gas oven to broil on High and left the rack in the CENTER of the oven. Broil the chicken for 13 Minutes. Remove from oven and squeeze the other half of the lemon over the chicken. Broil for 5 more minutes.
These are SO JUICY!! Oh my goodness I am telling you they practically melt in your mouth and the flavor just pops!
Tips from Kj:
Summer is coming! This will be so good marinated and then popped on the grill! Just use a whole chicken breast.

Or even better put them on a Ka-bob with some mushrooms and squash and save some of the marinade to baste on them as they are cooking. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment