Friday, June 21, 2013

Cream Cheese (Cookies and Cream) Cookies

Cream Cheese frosting is my arch nemesis. Like Batman and Joker, Superman and Lex Luthor, Thor and Loki….you get the idea. Unlike in the movies though cream cheese frosting normally wins. Spread that on a graham cracker and give me a glass of milk and I am in HEAVEN. Spread it all over a “blue velvet cake” (my husbands signature birthday cake for me) and well…you’ve never seen me happier. So when I figured out how to make a cookie out of a cream cheese frosting like base it was the best day of my life. Then I added in one of my favorite candy bars and it turned into one of my best creations. I think this could be one of those recipes that I go down in history for in my family. “No one made cookies like grandma’s cream cheese cookies and cream cookies” my grandkids will say.

Cream Cheese {cookies and cream} Cookies (On Top O' Spaghetti)

Now before I age myself let’s get on to this recipe. While I type I might just eat one or five more of these.

Ingredients:
3 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 cup flour
3 Hershey’s Cookies and Crème Bars Broken into Chunks

Cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar and cream until well blended (this is the frosting like base for your cookies and what gives them the awesome cream cheese flavor) Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until they are doughy. Stick the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This is an important step! Don’t skip it no matter how tempted or impatient you are. If it helps just eat a spoonful of dough while you wait (I know raw eggs…naughty naughty…but YUMMY!)

Roll into one inch balls and slightly press down with a glass before baking. The cookies don’t spread much so press them down to the approximate thickness you want.

Bake at 375 for about 8-10 minutes until the cookies are just golden brown on the bottom.

Tips from Kj:

If you don’t have powdered sugar on hand…never fear!! I found out that you can put regular granulated sugar into your blender (at a 1:1 ratio to the powdered sugar needed) then you just blend away until a powder forms. This was so cool to try and it really does turn into perfectly powdery sugar!  :D Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment