Friday, July 19, 2013

Parmesan Alaskan Halibut

So we just moved to Ohio…we drove across the entire country in two days with our 1 year old. We were here for 3 days and then we went on an awesome vacation flying back across the country to Seattle. From Seattle we left on a cruise to Alaska. I grew up in Utah. Hunting, fishing, camping etc were my life! So I love to fish. My husband caught right on when he started dating me and we decided we just had to go fishing while we were in Alaska. Oh yeah!! hahaIMG_9867

We found a company that would allow us to go halibut and salmon fishing while we were in port. We fished for Salmon for a while and caught all of these bad boys:

IMG_9940

The ugly fish in the middle is my pride and joy!

IMG_9938IMG_9895

Then we decided to switch to halibut. We had NO LUCK. We tried so many spots and finally our guide was like this is the last spot we can try before we have to get you back to your ship. It was do or die. I got a bite and was so excited! But lo and behold I caught my big ugly fish from above. My brother in law Cesar got a bite though and as a team he and my husband Mark took turns reeling in this 60 pound 45 inch long halibut! It was so awesome probably one of the coolest things ever just to see it in the water and how huge it was. Biggest fish I’ve ever seen caught in my life.
halibut

Needless to say we could not just give up all that yummy fish so we had it packed up and shipped to us when we got home. We got it two days ago and last night I whipped up some delicious halibut. Oh my it was so good! Here is the recipe for you:

On Top O' Spaghetti Parmesan Alaskan Halibut

1lb of halibut fillets (they don’t have to be Alaskan don’t worry!)

Coating #1:
2 tb parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp brown mustard
4 tb mayo
2 cloves garlic minced

Coating #2:
4 Tbsp melted butter
5Tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tsp parsley

Pre-heat oven to 350

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place your fillets on the foil. (You will probably have 3-4 fillets if you have 1 pound)

Mix the coating #1 together, divide equally, and spread over the top of each halibut fillet. You will probably have to use your fingers to press it down and make sure it is evenly coated.

Mix coating #2 together and dump/spread over the fillets again dividing it equally.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes and then place in broiler until the top is nice and golden. We actually have a real broiler now! Yahoo! Tonight I am broiling some steaks and I am really excited. Anyway so if you don’t have a broiler just put your oven on broil. Either way don’t take your eyes off of it because you don’t want it to burn.

Serve with rice, broccoli or any other sides you like.

Tips from Kj:

Use Kraft Olive Oil Mayonnaise and Blue Bonnet Light Butter to cut out some of the calories in this dish! You won’t lose any flavor at all. I promise I am not being sponsored to say that either. Me having a sponsor? Ha! That is still in my dreams…maybe one day though!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment