Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Soft Peanut Butter Cookies-Delux Style!

So the fact that I made these cookies is a big deal. You see, I am married to a man who DESPISES peanut butter. like literal hate I think. The smell, the taste, the appearance…all make him sick. Funny thing is that peanut butter is my absolute FAVORITE thing. (except during pregnancy I cannot eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches…something about the peanut butter on bread. Weird. haha) But, anything else peanut butter is fair game and makes me happy. I have always wanted to make peanut butter cookies and due to the large amounts of Christmas spirit in our home my husband agreed to let me! I decided that if I was going to make them I was going to go all out and add reeses peanut butter cups as well :) That is why they are “delux” style.

Here is what you need:

1 cup
peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup softened butter
2
eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour

18 Reeses mini peanut butter cups (or more depending on how many chunks you want in your cookies)

First cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. IMG_5876

Next, add the peanut butter.

IMG_5877IMG_5878

Then add the eggs one at a time. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla.

IMG_5879

Chop up your reeses peanut butter cups into tiny pieces.
Add to the dough.

IMG_5882

IMG_5883IMG_5884

Freeze the dough for 30 minutes.

IMG_5881

Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Smash with forks or a potato masher or a spoon with a pattern to make your cookies look pretty. (I just chose a random spoon)

IMG_5885

IMG_5888

IMG_5889

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and then remove. Let them sit on the baking sheet until they are cool.

IMG_5890

Eat with a nice glass of milk!

Tips From Kj:

If you like your peanut butter cookies crunchy than you can just bake them a little bit longer! I like them to be soft…but I guess I will forgive you if you are a crunchy fan :)

I think these would be yummy with reeses pieces too.

I have realized it is good to make cookies when you are pregnant. It gives you the willpower to not eat the dough. Then you have room for more cookies after!

Make your loving husband (who as you remember hates peanut butter) some chicken nuggets after the cookies are done to help him forgive you for the smelly house :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment