Friday, August 17, 2012

Hubby Homemaking: Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast

IMG_1260
Yesterday Mark asked me what was for dinner. I told him I was going to make some chicken. Lately I have been feeling more and more like I should turn my blog over to Mark because the next 3 posts are also going to be hubby homemaking posts. He has turned into a MASTER CHEF while I feel like I have lost my sparkle a little bit. I feel like I must not be making very good food because he has been cooking a lot more than normal! haha :) Normally he doesn’t cook because I am busy whipping up my next culinary masterpiece….hopefully as I get better at this stay at home mom thing I can start being a good stay at home wife again! Then again…I am REALLY enjoying this new chef side of my husband. He comes up with some good stuff! Like this cream cheese stuffed chicken breast.

He just gave me the instructions so here you go:

Ingredients:

2 Chicken Breasts Sliced in Half (to make 4 thin chicken breasts)
4 oz cream cheese
Dried or Fresh Chives
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Basil
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Butter
Grated Parmesan Cheese

4 skewers or toothpicks

Pre-heat oven to 375

Sorry there are no pictures of the process…I was banished from the kitchen as he created this.

Directions:
Slice your 2 chicken breasts in half to create 4 thin chicken breasts.
Spread 1oz cream cheese on each chicken breast
Sprinkle chives over the cream cheese
Roll chicken breasts and hold together using skewers

Mix together the breadcrumbs, oregano, basil, and garlic powder.

Coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture.

Melt the butter and drizzle over the chicken breasts.

Sprinkle the chicken breasts with parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375 for 30 Minutes.

IMG_1262

Check out the cream cheese in the middle….oh YUM!

IMG_1263

This was some of the “moistest” chicken I have ever eaten! I loved it and we just had the leftovers and the were just as good!

Tips from Mark:

Make sure the crumbs and cheese are nice and crunchy before you take it out of the oven.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment