Thursday, September 6, 2012

Oven Roasted Red Potatoes and a Re-vamp

So I've decided to try a little re-vamp with my blog and change how I do it a little bit. I have been having a hard time finding time to blog my recipes. It is now my goal to have a new recipe posted every SUNDAY AND THURSDAY. So check back on Sunday for some delicious meatballs! I am hoping that with the consistency of recipes twice a week maybe I can get some of my followers back. :) To those of you that are still with me I really appreciate it!

I decided that the step by step instructions for my posts were what was taking too much time and making it so that I was not getting any posts written. I have this adorable cooking buddy that is my priority so I needed to find a way to keep it that way but still be able to blog!

I have decided to leave the step by step instructions out of my recipe posts unless I feel like it is something you probably need to see with your very own eyes. From now on I'll post a picture that will make your mouth water and then the recipe along with tips from Kj at the end. Hopefully you all will like the change and maybe it will make it easier to follow some of the recipes without having to scroll a lot.

And now for Oven Roasted Red Potatoes :)


Ingredients: 

4 Red Potatoes

2 Tbsp light Butter
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp parsley 
1 tsp salt
2 cloves finely minced garlic (As usual I grated mine) 

Parmesan Cheese

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees

First slice your potatoes in whatever way you desire. I decided to make them into discs...haha okay I am sure there is a fancy cooking term for this way to slice potatoes but I don't know what it is so I chose discs. Make them about 1/4 of an inch thick. Lay potatoes in a 9x13 baking pan. 

Then melt your butter and add all of the spices and mix it up. Pour over your potatoes and toss them around to make sure they are all evenly coated. Lastly sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. 

Bake at 450 for about 30 minutes or until soft. 

We had these with a pot roast (recipe to come soon!) They were so yummy! 


Tips from Kj:

The fun thing about these is that you can get creative with your combination of spices! If you feel like giving your potatoes a little kick add some red pepper flakes. Or you could make roasted ranch potatoes by adding powdered ranch dressing mix to the butter mixture....I think that is what I am going to do next! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment