Friday, April 5, 2013

Boiled Then Baked Red Potatoes

So over the last week things have been crazy with my blog. After finding out that my blog name wasn’t as original as I thought it was I decided to go into a blog transforming process and give it a new name and a new look! There was a lot of brainstorming involved. Names were thought of that made me so excited only to find that they were already taken by someone who was smart to snatch it up. Sometimes I’d think of a name and find a blog with hundreds of followers and think, “Dang! That could be me!” but nonetheless it isn’t…I am pretty new on this journey in the blogging world though and I hope that by re-vamping my blog I can find new followers and help new people find delicious recipes!
After sending a long list of names to my mom one of them made her get the “On top of spaghetti…all covered with cheese” in her head. She text me back “On Top Of Spaghetti!!!” and the blog title was made. I decided to change it up to give it a more irish feeling. Because I am 1/4 Irish. NOT! haha My husband had the idea to do the O’ and I loved it! What would I do without my family to help me with my lack of creativity? I love them.

I have a lot of new exciting recipes to share! Over the next few months we are going to be graduating from college, moving somewhere in the country (location still unknown), going to a wedding, and going on a cruise. I am excited to share with you my food adventures along the way!
On Top O' Spaghetti-Boiled and Baked Red Potatoes
Now for Boiled and Baked Red Potatoes. This recipe was inspired by the Pioneer Woman. Her recipe is here. I apparently do not have the finesse of the Pioneer Woman to make perfectly cookie shaped smashed red potatoes. Mine ended up being a whole conglomeration of smashed up red potatoes on a cookie sheet. I couldn’t stop laughing when I showed my husband how my potatoes did not smash into beautiful round shapes like hers.
You need:
6-8 Red Potatoes
1/3 Cup Melted Butter
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Rosemary
Salt
Here is what you do:
Pre-Heat Oven to 450
Take your Red Potatoes and Boil them whole until you can poke into them easily with a fork (About 15-20 minutes)
Put Potatoes on cookie sheet and smash them with a potato smasher. You don’t want them to be like mashed potatoes you want some nice chunks!
Drizzle melted butter all over the potatoes and then stir them up a bit. You really want them to be covered! If they don’t seem buttery enough melt a little more.
Then sprinkle a little bit of each of the herbs over the top of the potatoes. Make sure you don’t skimp.
Bake at 450 for about 20 minutes. You want the tops of the potatoes to get nice and golden.
While you wait you can give your baby a peep. He will love you!
IMG_7159IMG_7162
Tips from Kj:
Add some bacon bits  and green onion. Then in the last 5 minutes add some cheese! Almost like twice baked potatoes. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment