Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stuffed Crust Pizza

We love love love pizza here in our home. We especially like making our own pizza because we like being able to load it with as much cheese as we want and as many toppings as our hearts desire. I’m sure some of you can relate with me when I say, “Sometimes you get your nice delivery pizza and it is a sad disappointment when you open the box and can still see the red sauce or there is like one olive” haha I don’t think pizza should be disappointing so…you should make this one and I promise you will be so happy you didn’t call pizza hut!

stuffed crust pizza

First Make some  Pizza Sauce:

(This is how I make pizza sauce EVERY TIME…we love it especially because you can use extra for English muffin pizzas)

2 tablespoons oil
1/2of an Onion diced
3 cloves garlic diced
2- 14 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes

I used our pizza seasoning for a while until we ran out now I use Thyme, Basil, and Oregano to taste…Just shake some of each in…taste it and add more if you feel like it needs it.

2 pinches of salt-or more to taste
A couple of shakes of pepper

Simmer this while you prepare the rest of your pizza (for about 10 minutes)

Next Make THIS pizza dough recipe. I loved it! It rose so nicely and tasted delicious! The only thing we changed was to do 1/2 wheat flour (we’re trying to be healthy)

Now you are ready to assemble your pizza. You need:

Spinach Leaves
Basil Leaves
Mozzarella Cheese
Mushrooms
Pepperoni
Sliced Tomatoes
(Or whatever you want)

Roll your dough out about 1 inch bigger than the pan you are using. Cut Mozzarella cheese into pieces as thick as you want…and lay them all around the edges. (Aww look at my cute hubby helping me)

IMG_1543_thumb

Then fold the dough over the cheese and press it together.

Now you are ready to add your ingredients. I love to put the sauce down and then everything else and THEN the cheese! We put more pepperoni on top of the cheese for dramatic effect. I just love having the cheese on top and all of the other toppings hidden like a surprise underneath.

Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and delicious :) Eat and Enjoy!

Tips from Kj:

The ingredients I listed were just what we like on our pizza. Other ideas are:
Artichokes, Peppers, Onions, Olives, Ham, Pineapple, Sausage….etc. You know Pizza Stuff!

Pin It

2 comments: