Thursday, November 8, 2012

Taco Seasoning Anyone??

I am here to tell you that you never need to buy a taco seasoning packet again in your life. I know I just made your whole day. You're welcome.

Okay,  so I realize I probably didn't make your day but maybe I made your dinner tonight! Whenver we don't know what to have for dinner we almost always have tostadas (recipe HERE) or tacos or burritos of some sort. Mainly because we always have the ingredients for those things on hand. Or we have hamburgers with sweet potato fries. I adore making hamburger concoctions...but that is a different post for a different day.

I used to buy the taco seasoning packets until we didn't have one one day and I decided that it couldn't be that hard to make taco seasoning right? It just needs to be a little spicy and I had chili powder so I decided to do some experimenting. Now I have figured out what I guess I will call "Kj's Taco Seasoning" So original right? Thank you.

Here is what you need:

2 Tbsp Chili Powder
3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Oregano
1 Tbsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 tsp Salt

Mix it all together and keep in a sealed container.


When you want to use it simply mix about 2 tablespoons in with your ground beef as you are cooking it. (Or more or less to your liking. I have found that 2 tablespoons is the magical amount for me)

If you want it to be more saucy you can add 1/4-3/4 cup water depending on how saucy you want it to be.

Tips from Kj:

Make A LOT of this at once and then you will always have it on hand!

If you are missing an ingredient that is okay! Sometimes I don't have an ingredient so I just don't worry about it and carry on. As long as you have 2 tablespoons of something spicy in there it will work!

You can use this on chicken/steak and make fajitas just make sure you do add about 1/4-1/2 cup water to make it a little more saucy!

If I have one I like to sautee an onion in about a tablespoon of oil before cooking my burger.


CHECK CH CHECK CHECK CHECK...CHECK IT OUT! (Anyone know what song that was supposed to be? haha)

I wanted to throw a shout out to a great blog I think you should check out! (Hence the song) They are an entertainment blog with great DIY ideas for weddings and parties. It is wedding week on their blog and they are having some awesome giveaways this week! Here is the link:

To Entertain

Hope you like it and if you are like me....I can never resist a great giveaway! :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment