Thursday, August 1, 2013

Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots

Cooked carrots. Just thinking of them makes me want to die. I don’t know how people eat them!! And to think I MARRIED one of those people. How irresponsible. Now I have to actually make them sometimes and watch him eat them for dinner. Then we had a baby. What do you know? He is just like his daddy! He doesn’t really like peanut butter, chocolate, dessert or any of the things I love but he adores cooked carrots and BEETS. Eeeew. (My hubby also loves beets…aren’t they both just crazy?)

Okay, so I get that other people like things I don’t like. I am a big girl! And because of this I make brown sugar carrots. My husband loves them and I like it because they don’t really smell like carrots so I can stand to make them! They kind of smell like Thanksgiving (sweet potatoes) Happiness all around. That is until Mark convinces me I should just try one because, “it really doesn’t even taste like a carrot!!” Turns out they taste like carrots, cooked, with a brown sugar glaze. haha not my idea of deliciousness.

On Top O' Spaghetti Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
If you are one of the many cooked carrot lovers in the world you will love these carrots. They are simple to prepare and you can pretty much just forget about them while they cook and then put them on the table like you just spent hours making them. I love those kind of recipes.

Ingredients:

2 Cups Baby Carrots
2 Tbsp Light Butter (Or regular)
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla

Melt the butter in a casserole dish in the microwave. Add brown sugar, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Then add carrots and make sure they are coated with the mixture.

Place saran wrap over the dish and microwave for 4-7 minutes depending on how cooked/crunchy you like your carrots to be.

Tips from Kj:

You can use this same recipe with diced sweet potatoes and it is really delicious!

Try adding a little nutmeg or honey to jazz up the flavors!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment