Monday, July 29, 2013

Norwegian Crepes (Norske Pannekakers)

All growing up I would love when my dad would make us Norske Pannekakers! Or in English Norwegian Pancakes. He served a mission for our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) in Norway. That is where I got my name! He likes to make us yummy things from there. Like my birthday cake every year! It is a Blit Kaker which I am probably spelling wrong and he will tell me later. I grew up saying other fun Norwegian words like: Jeg Elsker Deg (I love you)

Once I got asked while I was a cashier “what brings you to this country?” because my married name is Kjersti Helberg which sounds very foreign and I even found a Kjersti Helberg that lives in Norway!
On Top O Spaghetti Norwegian Crepes

These pretty much can be treated like a normal crepe. You still fill them with yummy goodness and everything but I love them even more than regular crepes. I normally eat 1 or 2 while I’m making them with nothing on them and then when I’m done I eat 3-4 more!

You need:

1 cup Milk
4 eggs
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 cup flour

Mix until there aren’t any more lumps in the batter. Pour about 1/4 cup into a 10-12 inch skillet/frying pan over medium heat and swirl the pan around until you have a crepe about 6 inches in diameter.

IMG_8931IMG_8933

Cook for 2-3 minutes just until bubbles start to form and check the bottom it should be a light golden brown. Flip with a spatula and leave on the heat for another 2-3 minutes the bottom again should just be light golden brown.

Watch these closely! They cook pretty quickly and you can have a casualty if you aren’t careful!

Fill them with deliciousness…strawberries, blueberries, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, powdered sugar, bananas, caramel etc.

Or for a more savory crepe you can also fill them with chicken, lettuce, ranch etc. and make it more of a wrap/sandwich.

Tips from Kj:

I love to make these a little thicker than a normal crepe. It is so yummy! Just don’t swirl the pan quite as much to make a crepe that is a little smaller but thicker. Seriously. These are my favorite ones to eat plain with nothing on them!

Invite over your friends and serve this warm with some ice cream and fun toppings! Crepe Party!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment