Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Parmesan Butternut Squash

My husband loves butternut squash like our baby loves….dogs, cars, cookies, coconut milk…and the list goes on and on. Pretty much he loves it maybe more than he loves me. He’d marry it if he could. Good thing he can’t or it might be banned from our home.

I love it too and come to find out so does our little guy. I guess butternut squash will have to be a permanent member of our family. Maybe like a second cousin or something. I like to have this with Swedish meatballs. (You can see them peeking in the picture) Tonight we had them with lasagna and it was a perfect accent to our dinner.

Parmesan Butternut Squash (On Top O' Spaghetti)
Here is what you need to make this beautifully delicious side dish for any meal. I promise you your taste buds will thank you. I literally had someone say “I don’t know what you did to this but I am glad you did it!” as he asked for seconds. Yum. O.

Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees

Peel and dice 1 butternut squash into 2 inch strips, or cubes, or however you like it. Place in a baking dish.

Melt 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp butter in a small dish
Mix the following ingredients into the melted butter:
2 minced garlic cloves
1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon parsley

Pour the butter mixture all over the butternut squash and be sure to stir it up so it is all coated.

Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until the squash is perfectly soft and delicious.

Tips from Kj:

If you put your squash in a smaller baking dish and it is overlapping you will probably need to leave it in for the full 40 minutes. If the squash is in a single layer it will probably only take about 30 minutes.

I like a single layer better because everything is more evenly coated with the topping!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment