Saturday, January 5, 2013

Salsa Chicken

I have come to the sad realization that now that we have a baby in the house we have entered a sickness cycle. When it was just Mark and I we could “avoid” each other and avoid getting the other persons sickness in the winter. Now that we have our little Jay it is pretty much impossible to not pass the sickness on to someone else in the home. Because of this we have had a nasty cold circling around since Thanksgiving. I decided that we needed some help clearing out our sinuses so I decided to make salsa chicken. My husband laughs at me because my sinuses were CLEARED but his…not so much. To me the meal was like a 3 chili pepper meal (like you see on menus sometimes) to him it was like 1/2 of a chili pepper. His mom is from El Salvador though…so he has an advantage.
It was super yummy though and I am about to have it again for lunch!
IMG_5002edit
You need:
1 Can Corn
2 Chicken Breasts (pounded so they are thin)
3/4 cup salsa
1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning

Cheese/Sour Cream
Pre-heat oven to 350
First Dump your corn into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish and mix the salt, pepper, and chili powder in to the corn. IMG_4993
Next rub your chicken down with the taco seasoning on both sides and place on top of the corn.
IMG_4994
Dump the salsa over the top of the chicken and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
IMG_4996
I added cheese to the top of Marks chicken and he had sour cream with it as well. Serve it with the corn on the side and rice of course!
IMG_5001
Tips from Kj:
Try this with pork chops too! Yum!

I think this would be great with peach salsa.
If you do not want to bake layer everything in a skillet and simmer on medium/low until the chicken is cooked through. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hey I have been making this a lot lately! my version is a lot simpler though. Basically because one day we had no food except chicken, cheese, salsa and taco seasoning. Your recipe sounds much more spruced up so I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete