Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Mama’s Sweet Corn on the Cob

(or that is what I would call it if I was from the South?)

Today I took my baby boy swimming for the second day in a row. He is my little fish. He likes to sit on the edge of the pool and lunge into my arms with a huge grin on his face. He is so cute. I love summer. One of my favorite parts of summer is going to the store and seeing corn on the cob that is like 10 for a dollar. Okay not really but it is cheap! I love it. And this recipe is easy and delicious and comes from my awesome mom. I watched her make corn like this for years and years and I think it will always be my favorite way to have it.  

corn on the cob

I am telling you this corn on the cob is to die for. I love it. I could eat 3 or 4 or all of them at dinner. I’d let everyone else eat the steak and salad and potatoes and just eat the corn. That is if they would let me…but pretty much this is a selfish recipe. Because you will want to keep yours all to yourself! This recipe is also great if you like to cut your corn off the cob and then eat it. Still Awesome.

Get a big pot of water-big enough for however much corn you are boiling.
Add about 1/4 cup milk. Add a small handful (about 1/4 cup of sugar). That’s right…stick your *clean hand in the sugar and just grab it and drop it into the pan! Then add your corn and boil. I like to watch the corn…when it changes from light yellow to a very sunshiny happy yellow it is ready!  (To me this takes about 6-8 minutes)

Tips from KJ:

I like to just turn the burner off and let the corn soak in the water getting yummy and sweet for a minute or two after it finishes boiling. 

This corn is so good it doesn’t even need anything on it! But if you have to know salt and butter are my favorite things to put on corn on the cob…yum! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment