Friday, August 5, 2011

Snickerdoodle Bar Cookies

One time Mark really wanted snicker doodles. But I just really didn’t have the time to roll each one, dip it in sugar, bake it, take it from pan to cooling rack…..and then do it all again for 2 more pans so I decided to try something else. Growing up my mom would take chocolate chip cookie dough and press it all into a 9x13 pan and make chocolate chip cookie bars. I decided to do the same thing with the snicker doodle dough. It worked! So I made them again the other day:

IMG_4496

I took some to my boss at work on my last day as a thank you for all she had done for me. She said she almost ate all of them before she left that day. So trust me friends these are GOOD!

I failed to take pictures while making them though (don’t ask me why? Our camera lives in the kitchen now but I neglected it this day) So all you get is a recipe:

Snickerdoodle Bar Cookies

2 1/3 Cups of Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Butter Softened
1/4 Cup Vanilla Yogurt (If you don’t want to add this or don’t have any than use another 1/4 cup butter…but I PROMISE this is a good step that makes them softer)
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
3 Eggs

Mix the Butter and Yogurt Together until creamy. Then add the brown and white sugar. Then add the eggs…all at once! (other recipes tell you to add one at a time…I say why wait? Egg party!) When they are all combined add all of the dry ingredients and mix away until you have your dough. (This will be pretty sticky…its okay! Don’t add anything else)

Make your cinnamon sugar topping by mixing in a small bowl:

1 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Sprinkle a tiny bit of the cinnamon sugar all along the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish. (just a light dusting) Spread 1/2 of your dough in the bottom using a spoon. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar all over the top of it. Add the other 1/2 of dough and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar on the top.

Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until they are just cooked through in the center but not hard. You want these to be soft and gooey almost. (I ALWAYS check at 15 minutes just because I am paranoid!)

Next we add another topping if you are not already comatose because of all the sugar! (If you happen to be in a coma…just eat these without this glaze, it is okay they will still be good!)

Snickerdoodle Bar Glaze:

1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix together. Drizzle all over the bars. Eat. Be Happy.

Tips from Kj:

I like to experiment with the glaze. Sometimes make it thicker sometimes make it more runny by adding more or less milk.  It is always good to experiment…especially with something that will almost always still taste good!! :)

Another tip is: If your husbands favorite cookie is a Snickerdoodle…hide these from him or monitor his eating. He might eat the whole pan in one night if you don’t! ;) And then you’ll have to make another batch tomorrow!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment