Sunday, August 28, 2011

Easy as Pie…Hamburger Pie ;)

As funny as this sounds, Hamburger Pie is one of my favorite meals. Even though others might label it as simple or boring. I just love the combination of all of the flavors. It makes me happy. I also love it because it is quick and easy!

Ingredients:

1lb Hamburger
8 Potatoes
3 cloves garlic
1/2 of an Onion
1/3 cup Sour Cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 tsp onion powder
1 can corn
1 can tomato soup
1 cup of cheddar cheese

Pre-Heat oven to 350

IMG_4787

Peel and chop your potatoes and boil them until they are soft

IMG_4788

Chop your onion and grate your garlic (I just use my zester)

IMG_4791IMG_4792

Cook your burger, onion and paste from 2 of the garlic cloves over medium-high heat until its cooked through.

Then mix the tomato soup and corn in with the meat and heat until it is warm.

IMG_4796

Meanwhile take your potatoes off of the stove and drain them. (the next steps I forgot to take pictures of…sorry) To your potatoes add the rest of the garlic, the onion powder, the sour cream, and the butter. Mash them together until they are creamy. (Add more sour cream, or some milk if you feel like your potatoes are too dry)

Put the meat mixture in the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan. Then scoop the potatoes on top of the meat mixture.

IMG_4802

Add your cup of cheese on the top.

IMG_4803

Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.

IMG_4804

Serve with a salad! (this is our usual side dish for dinner..)

IMG_4805

Tips from Kj:

Normally I love adding a can of green beans to this and some chopped tomatoes. (in the meat mixture) I didn’t have any so it was just corn this time. It is still delicious though!

You can also stick this in the microwave for 10 minutes if you don’t feel like turning on your oven.

I love having this with KETCHUP! :D

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment