Sunday, October 7, 2012

Salmon and Asparagus Packet

I LOVE tinfoil dinners. They are one of my top favorite parts of camping. Unfortunately my family does not always share my enthusiasm for them and we rarely have them. I think I might be able to convince them they are a good idea once they see this recipe.



I baked this in the oven but I am sure you could make it tinfoil style in the campfire if you wanted. And even better you could make smore's while you waited for it to be done....can you tell I like having dessert while dinner is cooking? I am going to have to get better at that when my kiddos are older! haha

This recipe is amazingly quick and easy. It practically makes itself. If you never have time to make dinner this is for you.

All you need is:

Salmon (I think we had a little less than 1 pound)
Asparagus (About 14 Spears)
1 Lemon
1 Tsp Rosemary
1 Tsp Lemon Pepper
1/2 Tsp Dill
2 Tablespoons Butter
Lay your asparagus on the bottom of the tinfoil. Slice your lemon and place on top of asparagus.


Place your Salmon on top and give it a nice butter back rub. (Really try to rub the butter in onto both sides of the fish) Then sprinkle on the 3 spices on each side of the fish.


Take pictures of your cutie sitting on the table making faces at you....lol 


Wrap the tinfoil closed and bake at 400 for about 25-30 minutes. Check it around 25 minutes to see if it is flaky if it is take it out! You don't want to overcook it. 


Oh my! I wanted to eat it right out of the foil all by myself. 


This was honestly some of the best salmon I have had. Ever. And with how easy it was I'd say that is a big deal! I loved it and I want to try it with other kinds of fish too. I don't think you can go wrong with lemon, lemon pepper and rosemary. They are just so yummy together! The dill was an experiment but we really liked it in the mix and I think I'll be using it more in recipes! 

Tips from Kj: 

Spice Quantities were a rough estimate because I was just sprinkling the spices on. So if you want to put more on...I say go for it! 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment