Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Strawberry Banana Bread Bars

Is that a mouthful of a title or what? This morning my hubby was getting ready to head to work and he said, “did we run out of bagels?” and that is when I said “nooooo!” because I just went grocery shopping and YES we did run out of bagels and I was supposed to buy more yesterday(this is why I’m working on making grocery lists more diligently). Bagels are pretty much his top favorite…he has one like every single day and he actually has me hooked on them. Except for the fact that they are so delicious I avoid them at all costs because they have so many many calories and then you have to spread inches of cream cheese on top to make them even more heavenly…not so friendly for my efforts to lose a few pounds before our anniversary. Just sayin.

Anyway so I felt bad no breakfast was available and I really didn’t want to go back to the store again this week. One store trip with my little guy is good for the week, and not because he isn’t the most awesome baby in the world who laughs and smiles at every stranger he sees. I would just rather spend countless hours digging in the dirt and splashing in puddles with him, hello! (Can I sadly/happily say he will always be my baby but he is most definitely a toddler now because he officially started to toddle assistance free about 5 days ago!)

If I can stay off of another tangent I will share with you what I made. I only had 1.5 overripe bananas…not enough to make banana bread. Plus the fact that we live in corporate housing and they apparently don’t think bread pans are necessary. So I had to do something else and I did something wonderful! Introducing:
On Top O Spaghetti Strawberry Banana Bread Bars
Ingredients:

6 oz Lite Strawberry Yogurt
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups mashed banana
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
pinch salt
Pre-Heat oven to 350
Mix above ingredients together with no rhyme or reason about it. Then grease a cookie sheet or cake pan (Mine was a 9x13) Spread your batter evenly in the bottom of the pan.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.

This makes about 24 bars. Watch out because they are so yummy you might eat all of them! My little guy and I each had 2 right after they were born. He loves them!

Tips from Kj:

Try this with different kinds of yogurt. (you don't have to use light yogurt)

Add other fresh fruits like strawberries or blueberries (with blueberry yogurt) to the mix! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment