Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ranch Chicken (For Tacos, burritos, tostadas, enchiladas….)

I love a good taco, burrito, enchilada…etc. you get the idea! I love going to Mexican restaurants and getting a plate full of enchiladas, cheese, beans, rice and sauce covered in more cheese. Combining it all in one big bite is soooo yummy! Oh Cheese…it could be the reason that in a matter of 4 months I have gotten back up to my pre-pregnancy weight when I was about 10 pounds below it while I was still nursing/dieting for Jayden. I sometimes miss that diet. Forced willpower is awesome people! (I guess I should love myself more since I could do it for my baby but can’t seem to do it for myself)

But cheese exists! And it is good. And I will eat it.

This ranch chicken is the PERFECT addition to any taco sort of dish you are making. I loved it so much that I just ate it by the forkful on its own. It is also one of those meals that practically make itself which always makes me happy.

You might wonder  how this is different from other ranch chicken recipes you have seen...the trick is you have to COOK THE CHICKEN in the ranch/taco seasoning. Don't give in and buy pre-cooked chicken. It makes such a delicious difference if you are willing to let it bake...I promise! (Plus you can just mix it in the dish stick it in the oven and walk away...so easy!)

On Top O Spaghetti Ranch Chicken
Here is what you need:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
Half Package Taco Seasoning
1/4 cup ranch dressing

Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.

Mix the above ingredients in a casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour in the oven. Save 1/4 cup of the juices and drain the rest. Add the 1/4 cup back in and get two forks. Shred the chicken to whatever amount of shred that you desire for your tacos.

Give it a taste test. If you want to add a little more ranch you totally can! (I just like putting more ranch onto the tacos when I make them)

Tips from Kj:

Like I said above use this meat for any kind of Mexican dish you desire! It is even great with just some rice and black beans. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment