Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hawaiian Burgers

The other day I hadn’t heard anything from Mark pretty much all day…I realized he was probably having a long day and decided to try to make a dinner he’d really like…after he ate it he dubbed them Hawaiian Burgers and I liked it so that is what they shall be known as!

IMG_1789

I wish I had prettier pictures but I forgot to take them the day of and then this day we didn’t have any lettuce so they don’t look as delicious as they once did.

IMG_1790

IMG_1792

Ingredients for the hamburger patty:

1 lb ground beef
Squirt Mustard
Squirt Honey
5 Shakes Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
3 Tablespoons Kikkoman Sweet and Sour Sauce*
Enough Breadcrumbs to hold it all together (about 2/3 cup)

*it doesn’t matter what brand of sweet and sour sauce you use

Mix everything together by hand. Make patties as big as you want. Cook them like you like them.

While the hamburger patties are cooking slice your pineapple. Then put it in a pan. Sprinkle it with brown sugar and put it under the broiler for about 10 minutes (our broiler is weak sauce because it is ancient so a newer oven might have a shorter broil time)

While the patties are cooking and the pineapple is getting nice and caramelized mix about 4 tablespoons of the sweet and sour sauce with about 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce. Then add about 2 tablespoons brown sugar and a small squirt of honey. Mix together and this becomes your “secret sauce’ it is yummy!

When all of that is done pile your burger how you like it! We used:
Buns
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Cheese
Pineapple
Secret Sauce
Hamburger Patty
Mayo

Tips From Kj:

I cooked my patties on the stove but if you have a grill or a George foreman grill use that! Don’t ask me why but we left our “George” in storage for the summer and it makes me sad.

If you have a grill: GRILL YOUR PINEAPPLE! This would have been even more delicious.

In the future I think I would have bought a different sweet and sour sauce. Kikkoman wasn’t my favorite.

I apologize for my “squeezes and shakes” in the hamburger patty mixture. I’ve never really measured when it comes to hamburger patties I just kinda squeeze an amount that seems good to me and mix until it all comes together.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You know you learned that from me. A lot of my made-up recipes say, "15 shakes Onion Powder"!, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Mom I totally got that from you!! :) Like mother like daughter!

    ReplyDelete