Friday, June 17, 2011

“Dessert Salad”

Long ago during the first Christmas Mark and I spent together he came over to a Christmas Eve dinner…We ate our food (most of us eating this dessert salad with our normal dinner food) After dinner we all went to get our dessert…Mark piled some of this salad on his plate! I was kinda confused because we always eat it as just a side dish….he said it looked like dessert to him and ever since then it has been dubbed: DESSERT SALAD :) The name suits it I think because it is SO YUMMY and totally worthy of a dessert title.

All you need is:

IMG_1756

1 Tub Whipped Cream
1 Tub Cottage Cheese
(both of these are just the smaller/regular size not the bigger ones)
Package of Jell-O Mix
Fruit of Choice: Pineapple, Mandarin Oranges, Strawberries, Bananas, Apples, Raspberries….etc.
Marshmallows (optional)

IMG_1757

We had a bag of giant Marshmallows in our cupboard so I just cut them into fours. I used about half the bag. Then add the fruit, cottage cheese, whipped cream, and Jell-O mix! Stir it all together and Eat it! This is so easy and delicious.

IMG_1759IMG_1761IMG_1763IMG_1767

Tips From Kj:

You’ll notice in my pictures I have the Kroger Brand of Jell-O, Cottage Cheese, Mandarin Oranges, and Whipped Cream. They are cheaper USE THEM! It tastes the same I swear it! The only reason the pineapple is Dole is because it was on sale for the same price as Kroger :)

Mark is sometimes “Anti” fake brands of things. I agree with him when it comes to some foods a lot of the time the name brand will be super delicious compared to fake brands…but things like canned veggies, basic soups-tomato and cream of chicken/mushroom etc, canned fruits, whipped cream, and other things like that I ALWAYS buy the cheaper “fake brand” :)

Last but not least…get the low fat/fat free kind when it comes to the cottage cheese and whipped cream. Again you won’t taste the difference and it will be better for your waistline!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment