Thursday, January 10, 2013

Apple Topped (and Stuffed!) Chicken

I think there is a reason why pigs always have an apple in their mouths when they are being presented at feasts. Pork and apples go SO WELL together! At least that is what I grew up thinking. I learned recently as I requested applesauce with ham at our family Christmas party that I might be a little “different” than the others. Some people were like,”Kjersti is weird…period.” haha and I got teased a bunch! But let me tell you I had my applesauce and it was divine! I also love having apples with pork chops. Yum! So you might think I’m weird or you  might be wondering why I am even talking about pork when really this post is about chicken?? The reason is because here in my house this is called “pork chop chicken” but I didn’t think may people would read this post if I titled it that. So really just know that if you make this you are eating pork chop chicken. Okay? Now on to the good stuff to take your  mind off of my weird eating habits:

IMG_4052

The chicken was so moist it practically melted in our mouths! So Good!

You need:
1 Apple-Peeled, Cored, and Sliced
1/2 C Water and 1 Apple Blended together (kind of like applesauce)
1/2 C Chicken Broth
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 2 thin pieces (So you have 4 pieces)
1 Tsp Thyme
Salt to taste

Mix the chicken broth and water/applesauce mixture together. Dump into an 8x8 baking dish.
Place 2 Chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the pan (covered with the liquid mixture)
Then lay the apples on top of the chicken and place the other part of the chicken breast on top of the apples.

IMG_4033

Sprinkle the Thyme over the top of the 2 chicken breasts. Sprinkle salt over them as well. Just a few shakes.IMG_4038

Then top each one with MORE apple slices!

IMG_4039

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

IMG_4052

Tips from Kj:

This would also be really good with pears!

Or even better make this with PORK CHOPS! We just didn’t have any at the time and loved it so much with chicken that I still make it that way. But one day I will make it with pork chips.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment