Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Teaser Post: Homemade Chocolate Milk

This recipe is not profound nor is it my official “weekday post” (Which will come tomorrow and is insanely delicious so keep you eyes peeled!)

IMG_5397
Although it is nothing too spectacular it just made my whole afternoon. As you figured out by now I can’t have dairy/soy/eggs making my dessert/sweets life a little less than exciting. One thing I really miss is chocolate milk! One day Mark got me a chocolate almond milk juice box at the store and I couldn’t get over it for like a week! Yum. This afternoon I was really craving chocolate milk and decided I’d experiment and make some because I have cocoa powder and what else could you need right? After one epic fail I succeeded! I promise you this: it was delicious! And would make any chocolate milk lover happy…at least in my opinion it would.

Here is what you need:

2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1 Tablespoon Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Milk

I used Vanilla Almond Milk

First mix together your sugar, cocoa powder, 1 Tbsp Milk, and Vanilla. Make this into a nice paste and make sure that all of the cocoa powder is really mixed in with no dry bubbles. (This was my first mistake. I decided to just pour a glass of milk and mix cocoa powder and sugar into it….I had dry cocoa bubbles galore that would explode every so often on the surface and nothing was mixing together very well)
Once you have your paste add half of your  milk and mix your little heart out for like 30 seconds with a spoon. Then add the second half of your milk and mix again for like 30 seconds. Everything should be pretty well combined at this point and you are ready to drink!

Tips from Kj:

If you don’t want to add vanilla you don’t have to and it will still be good. I just love vanilla!!!

 

I am also trying to perfect a ooey gooey chocolate mug brownie but can’t get the timing quite right (or the ingredient ratio) so far they have been delicious and I have eaten every experiment but have yet to get a “bloggable” one to come out of the bunch. Hopefully I’ll be able to post that soon.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment