Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tapioca Pudding Bread

Mark supposedly loves tapioca pudding. I bought him some for the elk hunt…he never ate them. I sent him some in his lunches thinking he had eaten them. Then one day I looked in his backpack to put his lunch in there and I found all 4 uneaten pudding cups. So at this point I decided he was never going to eat them. (And I wasn’t going to believe him that he loved them anymore) The funny thing is that normally if he doesn’t eat his treats. I just eat them. Problem solved. But unfortunately I can’t eat them so I wanted to figure something else out to do with them. Enter: Tapioca Pudding bread…..

IMG_5756

This was a total experiment. I was not sure how it would turn out. In the end it was super yummy! (According to my taste testers: Mark and my neighbors) Originally I was trying to make tapioca pudding cookies. As I went long I realized the batter was more the consistency of bread so I changed course!

Here is what you need:

4 Tapioca Pudding Cups
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 C Brown sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
3 C Flour
Preheat oven to 350

Cream tapioca pudding and sugar in a mixing bowl. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the remaining dry ingredients and beat until combined. Pour into greased bread pans (I made 2 loaves) Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

While baking make this:

Cream cheese frosting (This is Marks Recipe he used on my blue velvet cake last year on my birthday)

16 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
pinch of salt
First blend butter and cream cheese and then add the rest of the ingredients beating until smooth and creamy. Spread on top of the cooled bread loaves.

Tips from Kj:

Mark and our neighbors liked this bread the most warmed in the microwave.

This is a great dessert to use when you can’t get your kiddos to eat. From what I have heard they eat dinner better than they ever have to get a bite of this! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment