Sunday, September 16, 2012

Garlic Broiled Asparagus

Recently I have become more healthy than I ever thought was possible. I have been banned from DAIRY for the next 8 months while I breastfeed my little guy. I guess his little tummy does not do well with the protein that is in dairy and for now because I love him and want him to be happy I am taking all dairy out of my diet. It is HARD my friends. But possible! I just have to do a little bit of tweaking to my portion of the foods I make and have to watch Mark eating cheese, trifle, cheese, ice cream, and more cheese making me Jealous. I just keep reminding myself that there is no better way to lose pregnancy weight like going dairy free! :) 

Mark got me a giant bag of Asparagus when we were at Costco the other day and I could not wait to experiment with some new recipes. He is lucky because he got to enjoy the full deliciousness of this recipe while I had to leave one part off of mine...the Parmesan Cheese so all of you diary lovers out there....eat your Parmesan cheese for me.  
These are so quick and easy. Here is what you need!

1 Bunch of asparagus
2 Tablespoons Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic Grated/Minced
Sprinkle of Garlic Salt
Parmesan Cheese

Pre-Heat your broiler on High. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Place asparagus on a cookie sheet and drizzle mixture over the top. Then make sure all of the asparagus is covered completely. Once coated sprinkle Parmesan cheese (or as we call it Parm Cheese)  over the top of all of the asparagus.

Broil for about 8 minutes or until they are tender. (They still will be a little crunchy but you should be able to easily pierce with a fork)

Tips from Kj:

LEMON!! I cannot say that enough. Lemon with Asparagus is absolutely delicious. We didn't have one. It was sad. Next time. Drizzle it on before or after broiling and you will not be sorry. Pin It

2 comments: