Friday, March 8, 2013

Onion Chicken

Whenever we go to California my Mother In Law makes the most amazing food for us. I feel like we are feasting every single day we are there. This last year was a little different because she had to plan special things for just me to eat while everyone else ate the normal deliciousness. But trust me I was not hurting for anything delicious. The food she prepared was so so yummy! The very first night she made me Chicken with Onions. I had never had this before and let me tell you it was my new favorite way to have chicken. So simple and delicious! I asked her how she made it and she told me. I added a little garlic powder and used some cooking wine we had left over and mmmmm yum! It was so good we are having it again next week.

IMG_5743

All you need is:

2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Tablespoons Butter (I used my soy free butter)
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
One onion cut into strips
1/2 Cup Cooking Wine or Chicken Broth

Here is what you do:

Season Chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on each side. I just did a few shakes here a few shakes there type of deal.

Sautee 1 sliced  Onion over medium heat (Slice into strips) in 2 tablespoons of butter until onion is nice and golden and caramelized. Remove onion from skillet but leave remaining butter.

Add the cooking wine or broth to the pan and sauté chicken for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked through turning half way through to brown on both sides. Add the onions back into the pan and serve chicken with onions on top.

Tips from Kj:

I am always game for adding mushrooms to things like this. Adding some mushrooms would be the perfect touch! Or any vegetable really.

Add a little garlic in with the onions! Yum!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment