Sunday, March 24, 2013

Streusel Topped Banana Muffins

I love breakfast. It is awesome. Sugary Cereals, Waffles covered in syrup and whipped cream, crepes filled with strawberries and chocolate syrup, pancakes with peanut butter and jelly on them, cinnamon toast and….I could go on and on and on. It is one of my favorite meals of the day. I also like having it for dinner. Yum!

When I was dating Mark I thought I knew pretty much everything about him. Then we got married. And I learned he doesn’t really like BREAKFAST!!! He hardly ever eats anything in the morning…sometimes waiting all the way until 12 to eat anything. Aka Lunch. What? On top of that he especially doesn’t like it for dinner…Double What? I was crushed. “I thought I knew you!” I yelled at him. “I can’t believe you deceived me!” (Okay really I DID NOT yell those things. haha) But I couldn’t believe he didn’t love one of my favorite meals of the day. I have now made it my mission to get him to eat breakfast at least 4/7 days a week. It is hard people but it makes me feel better knowing he is eating in the morning (I literally feel anxious about the fact that he doesn’t) So I try to come up with irresistible things for him to eat. I finally made these:

Cupookies Streusel Topped BananaMuffins

For the muffins you need:

2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
2 Cups Mashed Bananas
1/4 Cup Oil
2 Tbsp Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix together in bowl. No rhyme or reason required. Just toss it in and mix! Then make this:

Streusel Topping:

1 Cup Oats
1/3 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/8 tsp. Baking Soda
3 Tablespoons Butter

Put muffin batter in cupcake liners or just spray your muffin pan before pouring the batter in. Then sprinkle streusel topping all over the tops of the muffins.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Tips from Kj:

Double Streusel topping anyone? I like to make a little extra topping and really smother those babies! The topping is SO GOOD I could eat it plain. (Who am I  kidding? I do. It makes me happy.)

Best served warm with some butter. Yum!

You can also make this into bread. Just put it in a loaf pan, cover with topping and bake at 350 for about 1 hour.

Also in case anyone was wondering. Now that I have a baby boy I plan on having many breakfast for dinner nights with him. Mark can go get fast food or something but we are having waffles!! haha Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment