Friday, March 22, 2013

BBQ Crock Pot Shredded Chicken

So on St. Patty’s we made corned beef and cabbage. And I thought to myself, “Why don’t I use the crockpot more?!” Then I reminded myself that we are on a college student budget so while I’d love to buy roasts and hams and stuff I can’t. But then I started doing some looking and my impressions of crock pot cooking are way off! You can make so many things in a crock pot.

I was talking to my sister in law swapping dinner ideas and she reminded me of a crock pot recipe she likes where you take bbq sauce and pineapple and chicken and put it in the pot. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!! . I decided that was going to be on our meal plan for the week. I stuck it in the crock pot on high for 6 hours. When we went to take it out the chicken was shredding amazingly when we picked it up so we decided to shred it and then I decided to add a few things to give the flavor a little more of a kick! This was the BEST shredded BBQ chicken in the entire world. We had it on rice, we had it on sandwiches, we had it cold, warm, in-between and we were licking our fingers when we were done! If you google this there are TONS of posts with the bbq sauce, pineapple, chicken crock pot meal and they will all be delicious. But keep reading!! Mine has some secret ingredients that make it even MORE delicious and they are all things you probably have in your kitchen anyway!

IMG_6831

You need:

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 1/2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 20oz can crushed pineapple
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

Mix Barbecue Sauce and Crushed Pineapple in crock pot. Add Chicken breasts and all other ingredients-except for the brown sugar-and cook on high for 5 hours.

Open the crock pot and shred the chicken. Add the brown sugar. Mix together and leave in for 1 more hour. Then you are ready to serve!

Tips from Kj:

Really use CRUSHED pineapple! Don’t substitute for chunks the crushed makes it so saucy and delicious.
Serve this on Rice
Serve this on Sandwiches
Eat this plain out of the crock pot with a fork
Feed it to your baby…he will devour it!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment