Sunday, March 17, 2013

Fiesta Burgers

We love burgers. I probably say that every time I make burgers. And actually I probably should say “I love burgers”. Mainly because I think I like them the most. I love making burger creations with baked potato fries. Right now sweet potato fries are trending in our home. Yum. A while ago we made black bean burgers. All black bean. All delicious. I decided to try a spin on that but using ground beef in the burgers.
These turned out to be juicy and delicious and had a great flavor! Plus it was a fun surprise when you tasted the tortilla chips in the burger. I am excited to make these again!
fiesta burgers
You need:
1/2 Cup Salsa
1 Cup Black Beans
1 Cup Crushed Tortilla Chips
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 lb ground beef
Mix together and make into patties. Because of the beans we were able to get 5 burgers. Normally I make 4 burgers with 1 lb of beef.
We used our George Foreman grill to make these. (I dream of the day we will have a real grill….for now we love our George) You could also fry them in a skillet or on a griddle pan if you don’t have a way to grill them.
Tips from Kj:
Serve these with sweet potato fries seasoned with taco seasoning! So good!
These would also be great with corn in them.
We didn’t have any buns but this is what my burger looked like:
IMG_6303
Harpers Homemade White Bread (Allergy Free!) Avocado and Barbecue Sauce! Let me tell you. If I could have had cheese you would have seen a big melty piece right on top of that burger! This summer baby…my burgers will have cheese again and I will have completed 8 of the greatest months I could have had serving my little baby boy so he could be the happy bundle of joy he is each day. I am telling you people. It is true what they say that the more you serve others the more you love them…I think it is because you see them so HAPPY! And who doesn’t love a happy person? :) Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Now that the weather is turning so nice, I know we'll be spending many nights grilling out (which I love because it leaves me doing less & the kitchen much cleaner!). I'm totally making these sometime this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you like them! :) I agree that less kitchen work and less "you" work is great! Today we had a crockpot meal...corned beef and cabbage and I was so happy to not have to clean any pots and pans!

      Delete
  2. You are so creative with your recipes! Definitely need to try this!

    ReplyDelete