Thursday, March 28, 2013

Jell-O Cookies

You might be thinking what in the world are Jello Cookies? Haha don’t worry they aren’t Jell-O jigglers. They are soft cookies with Jell-O mix in them that give them a fun pop of flavor! I think these cookies are great for spring time. Especially because you can make them any color you want depending on what flavor of Jell-O you use. Added bonus you can also make these into any flavor you desire and you can change up the intensity of the flavor depending on how much mix you add! Lime is my top favorite but today I had some extra strawberry Jell-O so that is what we made.
IMG_7025
What you need:
1/2 Cup Oil (I used canola)
1/4 Cup Applesauce (Or 1 egg)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp Baking Powder (If using 1 egg only use 1 1/2 tsp)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 1/3 Cups Flour
1 Package Jello Mix (1.5 oz)
3 Tbsp Almond Milk (Any milk will work)
1/3 Cup Sugar for rolling dough in

Pre-Heat Oven to 350. Mix everything in a bowl. Roll into 1 inch balls and dip/roll in the sugar. Place on baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes to set up a little more.

Tips from Kj:
Like I said you can use ANY flavor of jello. When I made these I only had 1/2 of a package so my cookies had just a hint of strawberry flavor and they are so good. I also love it when the flavor pops so normally I use a whole package…but just the 1.5oz!)

These cookies spread while baking and get kinda flat but DON’T WORRY. They are so yummy still! If you love a large flat cookie you can make the balls bigger but I like to make them smaller because of the spreading factor. Either way they are so good! Sometimes thin cookies are yummy because the center is soft but then you have a little crisp on the edges. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment